Thursday, October 2, 2014

journal reupholstery


I love journals.  Don't you? Not because I'm an avid writer, but because I need to get my thoughts written somewhere before they are long gone.  The pages are like little invitations to write, doodle, make lists, or anything else you can think of...like those friends who want to hear all that you have to say. 



This is such a quick and simple craft that you can make them with your children or with any group that needs a little crafty-bonding.  College girls love craft nights, by the way!

When my boys were younger, they would each make one at the beginning of every summer. Journals also make great teacher gifts, or inexpensive happys. 


You'll need
 a journal--mine are usually from Hobby Lobby or Wal-Mart, 
mod podge, 
a paint brush, 
and paper.  
When making these with my kids, they pick their own paper but when I've made them with groups I just use the stash of paper I have left from my scrapbooking days. (Oh, the scrapbooking days...)



Begin by cutting your paper the size of your cover, leaving a little room for the spiral binding.



Paint the mod podge on the cover in a (kind of) smooth layer.


Quickly place the cut paper on the cover, smoothing out any bubbles with your hand. The paper won't move once it's on the journal, so make sure to line it up with the edges well.  Next turn it upside down and put something on it for about 5 minutes.



Now you can mod podge the front of your paper.


You can even add a letter, either a sticker or one that you've cut out, to the front.


My journal is where I investigate my life. 
Stacy Duplease

1 comment:

  1. how did you put the holes in the piece of paper

    ReplyDelete